Monday, July 28, 2008

boys vs girls

In the last few weeks I have had a few girls come up to me and tell me how they are not sure if they are good enough. They tell me that they don't feel beautiful. They don't feel like they are doing enough to qualify to be a good enough wife. One of their biggest insecurities happens to be the fact that guys do not ask them out. They have heard guys say that boys are shallow and only go for girls that are completely easy on the eyes. Guys want girls that are thin. They want them to be submissive. They wants them to be energetic and active. They want a girl that will go hiking with them at 12am but still able to wake up in the morning pefectly beautiful. They want a girl that dresses up and wears make-up, but not too much. They want a girl that looks good in heals and jeans but also they can put on a pair of basketball shorts and a tee shirt but still look hot. I am not saying that a girl like this is unrealistic but I want you to think about how important all of these factors are.I want a guy that is spirtually driven, yet not judgemental. I want a guy that is intelligent but humble. I want a guy that is going to be a great father. I want a guy that is responsible. I want a guy that is constantly doing his best. I want someone who loves me for my inner beauty more than my outter beauty. I want someone who makes me want to be a better person.Most girls are looking for the same attributes as I am. Do you notice the difference of the two paragraphs? Guys are looking for more physical characteristics while girls are looking for more mental . It's okay to want to marry someone that is physically appealing but in the long run it's the non-physical things that make a person beautiful.It is really hard for girls because guys are really shallow. I know I have been told by guys that I am perfect but I am just not what they want physically. This hurts, but it is not going to break me down. I am okay with myself enough to know that if a guy is not attracted to me physically that's okay. I know that in the end it is his loss. I know that I am a beautiful person on the inside and out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Heavenly Father made us all different because He doesn't want us all to be the same. He wants us to embrase our differences. In His eyes we are all beautiful. We should be able to look at each other and see that beauty also.

No comments: